Saturday, February 27, 2010

Formosa Red Azalea, Tree Aloe & Red Dragon Knotweed

Over the last couple of years, I have really started enjoying the Aloes.  So on a recent trip to Barton Springs Nursery, I got a little crazy and purchased my first Tree Aloe (Aloe ferox).  Got it planted into a terracotta pot today.  Considering that it cannot take a freeze, and that it can grow quite large - this was definitely a wild hair for me.  But it is such a prehistoric looking creature - I just couldn't resist.

Also planted a Formosa Red Azalea (Azalea indica 'Formosa Red') in to the large pot generously provided to me by my mother-in-law.  As the plant can grow rather large, I'm hoping that it can be happy in my largest pot.



And I finally transplanted Red Dragon Knoweed (Persicaria microcephala 'Red Dragon') back into the ground (its been housed in my garage all winter).  It wasn't happy in last year's location, so its getting a chance at another spot.  I already have one that remained in the ground over the winter.  It was, of course, knocked back to its roots by the harsh weather - but I have recently noted that it is sprouting back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment