I was able to get a few of my recently purchased plants into the ground.
I have always envisioned having one or two Maidenhair Ferns near my pond's waterfall. After doing some minor rock work, I was able to enlarge a small pocket so that it could hold a plant. A single Mairis's Maidenhair Fern (Adiantum x mairisii) fit nicely and will hopefully fill in the spot.
My single Jerusalem Sage (Phlomis fruticosa) has done so well that I decided to add two more nearby.
I have always enjoyed variegated plants, so I recently grabbed two variegated Abutilons (sp. unknown) and added them to a narrow, shady bed.
Nearby, I decided to try a Shrimp Plant (Justicia brandegeeana). Once it's grown a bit, maybe it will add some color to this shady area.
Lastly, in a small area near a path, I decided to add three additional Chocolate Chip Ajugas (Ajuga reptans 'Valfredda') to the small existing patch that has been doing well.
I continue to prepare beds either by mixing copious amounts of compost in already planted beds or by digging out areas, removing rocks, mixing the heavy soil with twice as much compost and then returning it to it's original bed. It takes a lot of time and effort, but hopefully it will make subsequent planting easier.