Friday, June 20, 2014

Planting: Annuals & Agaves

I typically plant several pots in my backyard with green-leafed, red-flowering Begonias.  But for some reason, this year, I had a very hard time finding that Begonia flavor.  So I eventually gave in and got a variety of different annuals potted.

White-flowering Begonias

 Polka-dot Plant

Coleus
(Solenostemon scutellarioides variety)

 Coleus 'Carefree Mix'

Coleus 'Dijon'
Solenostemon scutellarioides 'Dijon'
'
 

 And I finally got around to planting a couple of special Agaves.

 


Unfortunately, neither of these Agave varieties are completely cold-hardy here in Austin, so I'll likely need to protect or greenhouse them during the winter.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pots.
    I do begonias, too. They usually do well and don't require a lot of water.
    Love that 'Joe Hoak' agave. Looks great in that pot.

    ReplyDelete