Saturday, November 24, 2012

More Plants In The Ground

Planted a couple of Kaleidoscope Abelia (Abelia x grandiflora 'Kaleidoscope') into specific spots in my garden.  The one near my pond required the removal of an Anthony Waterer Spirea (Spiraea x bumalda 'Anthony Waterer') which has survived but hasn't really thrived.
Before
After

The second was planted near my Banana Shrub (Michelia figo).
Before

After

The two should fill in nicely and hopefully add a little bit of color towards the back of those beds.

 I also planted up a couple of pots with Pansies (Viola tricolor) - I didn't note the varieties (grumble).


All this planting led me to transplant my two Anthony Waterer Spirea from the backyard garden or pots to the front yard border garden.  Hopefully they'll get a bit more sun in the new location and will help fill in for the drought-struggling Autumn Ferns (which I will likely move to the even shadier backyard gardens).
Before
After


I was also able to get my last two Pam's Pink Turk's Cap (Malvaviscus drummondii 'Pam Puryear') into the ground.  Though about the half the size of the previously planted ones, they should grow nicely next spring.

Most of these locations had some rock, but nothing prepared me for when I tried to plant my last remaining Evergreen Sumac in yet another location.  But I'll post about that still-ongoing adventure later.

No comments:

Post a Comment