Sunday, October 21, 2012

More Plants

Was able to get a few more plants into the garden soil this weekend.

Placed two additional Milky Way Cast Iron Plants (Aspidistra lurida 'Milky Way') into the second tier to the left of my pond.  Didn't get any before shots, but it ain't too hard to picture what it used to look like.  Already had some Milky Ways in front of the rock wall; they got hammered by some of our extreme cold a couple of winters back, but are recovering.


I've always liked their spotted foliage.  Mine have always stayed small, especially compared to the regular Cast Iron Plant (Aspidistra elatior).

Also got two Pam's Pink Turk's Cap (Malvaviscus drummondii 'Pam Puryear') to add to a bare spot near a potted Root Beer Plant (Piper auritum), a pass-along from Philip at East Side Patch.  Sadly, I have not been able to provide the Root Beer Plant with as much water as it desires - thus I have had to bid it farewell.

The two Pam's Pink Turk's Cap should fill in here and hopefully provide some needed summertime color.

 I've already decided I likely need to get at least one, possibly two, more to adequately fill the space.

Such nice weather for planting plants.  Though a predicted change in the weather for next weekend got me to go ahead and set up my pop-up greenhouse; it will remain empty for now, but at least I'm prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment